Research area & interests
Hello world! I am an interdisciplinary social scientist, and my research interests cover many aspects of the digital and biosocial. Key areas include digitally-enabled knowledge production and participation/ citizenship, technological mediations between humans and wildlife, representations of nature in digital art and games, digital afterlives, and digital discourses/practices of organisations. I am also deeply interested in the practices and concept of interdisciplinary research. When not being a social scientist and minor activist, I can almost definitely be found outdoors looking for birds and bugs. The nature blog I co-write is Winging It.
- 2016: PhD in Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen; affiliated with dot.rural RCUK Digital Economy Hub and The James Hutton Institute (Social, Economic and Geographical Sciences group) [post-graduation interview here]
- 2011: Master’s in Sociology (M. Soc. Sci.), National University of Singapore
- 2007: Bachelor’s (first class honours) in Sociology (B. Soc. Sci. Hons), National University of Singapore
- spoken and written: English and Malay
- spoken: Mandarin and Hindi/Punjabi
- beginner: Arabic