- Verma, A., R. van der Wal, and A. Fischer. 2017. New technological interventions in conservation conflicts: Countering emotions and contested knowledge. Human Ecology. doi: 10.1007/s10745-017-9936-z
- Verma, A., R. van der Wal, and A. Fischer. 2016. Imagining wildlife: New technologies and animal censuses, maps and museums. Geoforum 75, 75-86. doi: 10.1016/j.geoforum.2016.07.002
- Verma, A., R. van der Wal, and A. Fischer. 2015. Microscope and spectacle: On the complexities of using new visual technologies to communicate about wildlife conservation. Ambio 44:4, 648-660. doi:10.1007/s13280-015-0715-z
- Verma, A. 2011. Black magic women: On the purported use of sorcery by female foreign domestic workers in Singapore. In: Negotiating Identities: Constructed Selves and Others, edited by Bonavita, H. V. Amsterdam. New York: Rodopi Press.
- Verma, A. 2016. The role of digital technologies in human-nature relationships. PhD Thesis. School of Biological Sciences, Aberdeen University, and the James Hutton Institute.
- Verma, A. 2011. Multiple forms of violence in maid-employer relations in Singapore. Masters Thesis. Dept. of Sociology, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore.
- current postdoc: Research Associate on the Creative Fuse North East project, with the Department of Sociology, Newcastle University; working with Creative Fuse Co-PI Dr Cathrine Degnen
- September 2016: Visiting researcher at the Department of Sociology, National University of Singapore
- May-July 2016: Postdoctoral researcher on the Citizen Sense project, led by Dr Jennifer Gabrys, Department of Sociology, Goldsmiths, University of London
- 2013: Research assistant for National Ecosystem Assessment (NEA) follow-on Work Package Report 6: Shared, plural and cultural values of ecosystems, led by Aberdeen Centre for Environmental Sustainability
- 2011: Research assistant to A/P Misha Petrovic, Department of Sociology, National University of Singapore
- 2008-2011: Research assistant at Drum-Cussac Asia
- 2010: Independent research contractor for the Department of Strategy, INSEAD Asia
- 2006-2007: Research assistant to A/P Volker Schmidt, Department of Sociology, National University of Singapore (three projects)
- Leading Lights talk: The darker side of bird watching, Old Low Light, North Shields. 16 September 2017 (invited public talk)
- New technological interventions in conservation conflicts: Countering emotions and contesting knowledge. Political Ecologies of Conflict, Capitalism and Contestation (PE-3C) International Conference. Wageningen, Netherlands. 7-9 July 2016.
- New technological interventions and knowledge production in the conservation of maerl in Falmouth, Cornwall. XXVI European Society for Rural Sociology congress. Aberdeen, Scotland. 18-21 August 2015.
- Re-imagining wildlife: New visual technologies and the production of animal census, map and museum. 20th International Symposium on Society and Resource Management, Leibniz University, Hannover. 9-13 June 2014.
- Microscope and spectacle: On the complexities of using new visual technologies to communicate about wildlife conservation. Digital Conservation Interdisciplinary Conference. University of Aberdeen, UK. 21-23 May 2014
- Could clicking on an animal-shaped icon lead to pro-conservation behaviour? Symposium paper. Symposium on Influencing People with Information, University of Aberdeen, Scotland. 25 April 2012. [paper – http://homepages.abdn.ac.uk/k.vdeemter/pages/sipi-2012/]
- Black magic women: On the purported use of sorcery by female foreign domestic workers in Singapore. Strangers, Aliens and Foreigners (1st Global Conference), Oxford, UK. 22-24 September 2009.
- Unpacking economic necessity: Locating the foreign domestic worker in Singapore. 59th Political Studies Association Conference. Manchester University. 7-9 April 2009.